Cooking Class 101
We made these
delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars yesterday for Cooking Class. My friend Sienna and my daughter wanted to learn how to cook. I wanted to try out this recipe because they sounded like the peanut butter bars we ate in grade school on the French Dip Sandwich day.
We finally reunited after all these years....
These chocolate peanut butter bars were just like the cookie bars I had in elementary school. I've wanted to learn how to make these bars for so long. I am so glad I got this recipe from one of my friends.
The skills that I taught were:
- How to cream butter, sugar, and eggs
- How to separate and stir the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl before combining with the butter mixture
- How to pack brown sugar
- How to level flour or powder sugar with a knife
- How to check if the dough is done
- How to make homemade chocolate frosting
- How to smooth a thin layer of peanut butter and chocolate frosting on top of the cookie bars
Here is the RECIPE:
Peanut Butter Bars
1 1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp soda
3 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
3 cups oatmeal
Frosting:
1 lb powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
6 TBS boiling water
Cream together
butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Then add the peanut butter, and beat
until fluffy. Add dry ingredients and vanilla and mix well. Spread onto
ungreased cookie sheet (with sides). Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool
completely. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the crust. Let sit and
then spread frosting over the top. If you don't want to make frosting from
scratch, you can use a tub of already prepared chocolate frosting from the
store.

Love that you have this!! Christy directed me to this cuz I asked her today for cookie bars from Burton lunches... love ya... are you having twins?????
ReplyDeleteGinger