Monday, March 21, 2011

Awesome LDS General Conference IDEAS!

General Conference is one of my favorite times of the year. 
I really LOVE hearing the Prophet and the Apostles speak. 
I wanted to share some cute ideas I found or heard about.
This post contains information for older kids too. 

Pitching Tents 
This is so fun, imaginative, and creative.
Mosiah 2: 5-6
"And it came to pass that when they came up to the temple, they pitched their tents round about, every man according to his family, consisting of his wife, and his sons, and his daughters, and their sons, and their daughters, from the eldest down to the youngest, every family being separate one from another.
And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tents and hear the words of King Benjamin should speak unto them."

Like the people in the Book of Mormon, we are going to build a "tent" in our living room and  listen to the PROPHET'S voice. I know our little girl will love it.
This is a picture of our lady bug tent, one of two kid tents we own. 


Easter General Conference Coloring Pages
I found this coloring page here. It's designed for older kids who can read and color in the words when they hear them during conference. Little kids can color the page or have Mom or Dad help their children fill it out. 
Easter Egg Hunt
I LOVE this Easter Egg Hunt idea for our little two year old.  She will love coloring the basket and the eggs. Kids can color the eggs when they hear the subject during conference and place them in their basket. 
Each picture can be a subject you can briefly talk about with your child too if he/she is too young to understand conference. 
I found the idea here
You can click on the images to make them larger and then print.

Page 1


Page 2




LDS General Conference BINGO!
Click HERE for a great Bingo game to download. 
It has the option to change and print multiple different bingo cards. 

Prophet MATCH Memory game
I found Apostle cards here to either memorize facts about the Apostles or play a Memory game. 
Conference Notebook and Conference Squares
The LDS website has some cool activities for children.
The Conference Notebook, Conference squares, and Coloring pages can be found  here.
The Notebook is for older children who can read and write.

Conference Squares like BINGO
Conference Coloring pages
3 pages to download

A Kid General Conference Basket
After PRINTING all of these activities, why not make a Conference Basket for your kids?
  I found this cute idea here.
It contains a booklet with coloring, games, and matching games; crayons, pencils, and a special treat of apples and apple dip. YUM 

Our Own Tradition
One of our traditions for LDS General Conference is making coffee cake for breakfast. YUMMY
 
Do you have any traditions or fun ideas for Conference weekend? Please share!
I would love to hear about your IDEAS! Or let us know what ideas you found on here that you like. 

2 comments:

  1. Now I want the recipe for that coffee cake. It looks delicious! Growing up, my family tradition consisted of filling a huge silver bowl full of candy and eating it while watching conference. Your ideas seem much healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conference for the past 5 years or so has always included another family. We get with our family of choice and have TONS of snack food out all day. We usually make some sort of meal in between the sessions too.
    Another great thing is either I (or one of my other crafty friends)makes notebooks for all of the adults - and teenagers to take notes in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!