Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rainbows

We love rainbows!
Project #1 First you need fruit loops or another colored circle cereal (if you get an off-brand just make sure it has all the colors you will need!) Then let your child sort the colors into different bowls.
I drew up this rainbow. It may work that if you click on the image then save it then print it out on your computer.
Then put Elmers glue on the outside arch, let your child fill it in with cereal and continue until it is all full.
And the finished rainbow.

Project #2
I got these colored foam pages from the dollar store. I cut out rainbow arches and Madison puts them together.
Project #3
We were going to handprint rainbows, but Madison didn't want to get dirty, so she ended up painting with a brush. We also added cotton ball clouds. For kids that like to finger painting click on here If you haven't already discovered Crayola washable paints, then you must try them! I buy them at Walmart. The Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About That show on PBS has a cute episode about rainbows. They sing a great song to remember the colors! I don't think you can watch them online, but you can find when your local PBS station will be airing it next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!