We made these Easter Stained Glass yesterday.
I remember doing this when I was kid.
It's so easy and fun to see all the crayons melt into this beautiful picture.
How to make Personalized Window Decorations:
1. You will need waxed paper (two sheets the same size), crayons, plastic knives, and any flat items such as dried leaves, flower petals, stickers, glitter, confetti, or pictures. We downloaded Easter pictures off the internet.
2. Arrange the pictures or what the child wants to encase in the wax paper, on one sheet of wax paper. Add the crayon shavings or glitter for color accents (scrape wax off of crayon with plastic knives).
3. For Adults only: Put a few layers of newspaper or old towel under the sheet of wax paper. Then place the other piece of wax paper on top oft he artwork. Place a layer of newspaper on top of the whole thing. Iron on medium heat, until layers are sealed together and crayon shavings are melted.
4. Let cool and trim edges with scissors.
I got the idea from "Month by Month, Preschool Almanac by Annie Stiefel."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments!